Open as PDF
Driving on a Sidehill (Sidehilling)
Avoid crossing the side of a hill (sidehilling) if possible. If sidehilling is
necessary, follow these precautions:
1. Slow down.
2. Avoid hills with excessively slippery or loose surfaces.
3. Shift your weight uphill.
4. Avoid crossing the sides of steep hills.
5. Keep your feet on the footrests.
6. Steer slightly into the hill.
7. If the vehicle begins to tip, quickly turn the front wheels downhill
(if possible) or dismount on the uphill side immediately!
Always follow the procedures outlined in this
manual for crossing the side of a hill.
Never attempt to turn the vehicle around on
any hill until you've mastered (on level
ground) the turning technique outlined in this