Open as PDF
Overloading the vehicle or carrying or towing cargo improperly can alter vehicle
handling and may cause loss of control or brake instability. Always follow these
precautions when hauling cargo.
• Read and understand the load distribution warnings listed on the vehicle
• Never exceed the stated load capacity for this vehicle.
• REDUCE SPEED AND ALLOW GREATER DISTANCES FOR BRAKING
WHEN HAULING CARGO OR TOWING. Use extreme caution when applying
brakes. Avoid situations that require backing downhill.
• When operating over rough or hilly terrain, reduce speed, cargo and towed
load to maintain stable driving conditions.
• CARRY LOADS AS LOW ON THE RACK AS POSSIBLE. Carrying a load
high on the rack raises the center of gravity of the vehicle and creates a less
stable operating condition. Reduce load weight when cargo is high. Secure
off-centered loads that cannot be centered and operate with extra caution.
• CARRYING A LOAD on only one rack may cause the vehicle to overturn.
Split the load between the front rack and rear rack, with 1/3 in the front and 2/
3 in the back. Do not exceed load capacities. See specifications beginning on
• SECURE ALL LOADS BEFORE OPERATING. Unsecured loads can create
unstable operating conditions, which could result in loss of control of the vehi-
• OPERATE ONLY WITH STABLE AND SAFELY ARRANGED LOADS. When
handling off-centered loads that cannot be centered, securely fasten the load
and operate with extra caution. Always attach the tow load to the hitch point
designated for your vehicle.
• USE EXTREME CAUTION when operating with loads that extend over the
rack sides. Stability and maneuverability may be adversely affected, causing
the vehicle to overturn.
• NEVER exceed 80 km/h when rear cargo loads are above 34 kg and/or front
cargo loads are above 17 kg.
• TOWING is approved OFF-ROAD ONLY. Operating this vehicle with a trailer
on public roads is prohibited.
• TOWING SPEED should never exceed 16 km/h. Never exceed 8 km/h when
towing loads in rough terrain, while cornering, or while ascending or descend-