Open as PDF
Whenever traveling uphill, follow these precautions:
1. Avoid steep hills (25 maximum).
2. Check the terrain carefully.
3. Avoid hills with excessively slippery or loose surfaces.
4. Shift your weight uphill.
5. Drive straight uphill.
6. Keep your feet on the footrests.
7. Drive at a steady rate of speed to avoid stalling.
8. Be alert. Be prepared to take emergency action. This may
include dismounting quickly.
9. Never open the throttle suddenly or make sudden gear changes.
10. Never go over the top of a hill at high speed.