Open as PDF
Turning Around on a Hill
6. Reach across the handlebar and apply the front
brakes to unlock the parking brake.
7. With the front brakes applied, pull in the
clutch lever. Use the brakes to slowly allow
the vehicle to roll around to your right until it's
pointing across the hill or slightly downward.
8. With the front brakes still applied, release the
clutch lever and lock the parking brake.
Remount from the uphill side, keeping body
9. Pull in the clutch lever, shift into neutral and
restart the engine.
10. Release the parking brake and slowly release the clutch lever, allowing the ATV to pro-
ceed slowly. Stay in first gear, using the brakes for additional speed control if necessary,
until more level ground is reached. Do not apply the brakes abruptly when driving down-
8 ft. (2.4 m)