Open as PDF
Starting the Engine
NOTE: If starting the engine while in gear, apply the hand brake and squeeze the clutch lever fully to
disengage the clutch. If starting the engine while in neutral, the neutral indicator light should
be on. If it isn't, disengage the clutch and shift the foot pedal to find neutral. See page 64.
9. Press the start button to start the engine. Activate the starter for a maximum of five sec-
onds. Release the start button immediately when the engine starts.
NOTE: Fuel is injected into the intake passage each time the throttle lever is depressed. Do not
depress the throttle lever while starting the engine. Do not depress the throttle lever when the
engine is stopped.
NOTE: Excessive engagement may result in starter damage.
10. If the engine does not start, wait five seconds after releasing the start button, then acti-
vate the starter for another five seconds. Repeat until the engine starts.
NOTE: If the engine does not start, review the engine troubleshooting information beginning on page
188. If all conditions are favorable and the engine still does not start, see your Polaris dealer
11. Push the choke knob completely in.
12. Vary engine speed slightly with the throttle to aid in warm-up.