Open as PDF
• Never operate an ATV on a public street,
road or highway, including a dirt or
• Never operate an ATV without wearing
an approved helmet that fits properly.
Always wear eye protection (goggles or
face shield), gloves, boots, a long-sleeved
shirt or jacket, and long pants.
• Never consume alcohol or drugs before
or while operating an ATV.
• Never operate at excessive speeds. Travel
at speeds appropriate for the terrain, visi-
bility and operating conditions, and your
• Never attempt jumps or other stunts.
• Never tow or pull an object behind the
• Always inspect your ATV before each
use to make sure it's in safe operating
condition. Always follow the inspection
and maintenance procedures and sched-
ules outlined in your owner's manual.
• Always keep both hands on the handle-
bars and both feet on the footpegs of the
ATV during operation.
• Always travel slowly and use extra cau-
tion when operating on unfamiliar terrain.
Be alert to changing terrain conditions.