Open as PDF
Air Filter Systems
1. Remove the seat.
2. Release the airbox cover clips and remove the cover.
3. Remove the wing nuts securing the filter to the airbox.
4. Pull the filter assembly out of the air box. Note the placement of the rubber ring for rein-
5. Wash the filter in soapy water, then rinse and let dry.
6. Apply a commercially available foam filter lubricant to the foam filter.
7. Reinstall the rubber ring properly to the filter assembly, and reinstall the filter into the air
8. Secure the wing nuts and reinstall the air box cover.
9. Check the boots for cracks, deterioration, abrasion, or leaks. Replace as needed.