Open as PDF
Engine Oil Change
Changing Oil Filters
6. Grease the filter cover O-rings (3).
7. Reinstall the covers and the screws. Tighten
screws to 4.5 ft. lbs. (6 Nm).
8. Remove the oil fill plug (4). Add 40 oz. (1.2
liters) of the recommended engine oil (see page
108). Reinstall the fill plug.
9. Start the engine. Allow it to idle for at least one
minute to fully distribute the new oil. Stop the
10. Check for leaks at all threaded connections and
at the oil filter covers.
11. View the oil level in the sight glass. Add oil as
needed to maintain the level as recommended
(see page 109).