Open as PDF
Engine Oil Change
Cleaning the Short Oil Screen
1. Insert a hex key into the plug at the bottom of the engine. See illustration on preceding
2. Using a hammer, tap lightly on the key a few times to loosen the seal. Remove the plug.
3. Remove the short oil screen. Clean the screen components thoroughly and blow well
with compressed air.
4. Check the O-rings. If damaged, install new O-rings.
5. Reinstall the screen to the plug.
6. Lubricate the threads and reinstall the plug. Torque to 7.5 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).