Open as PDF
DAILY PRE-RIDE INSPECTION
Inspect your vehicle each time before riding to ensure it is in proper working
order. If proper inspection is not done, severe injury or death could result.
If a proper inspection is not performed serious injury or death can result.
Always inspect your RANGER before riding following the checklist care-
Before riding your vehicle, inspect all operating controls and parts.
1. Tires - check condition and pressures
2. Fuel and oil tanks - fill both tanks to their proper levels
3. All brakes - check operation, adjustment and fluid level (includes
4. Throttle - check for free operation and closing
5. Headlight/Taillight/Brakelight - check operation of all indicator lights
6. Engine ignition switch - check for proper function
7. Wheels - check for tightness of wheel nuts and axle nuts; check that
axle nuts are secured by cotter pins
8. Air cleaner element - check for dirt; clean or replace
9. Steering - check for free operation noting any unusual looseness in
10. Loose parts - visually inspect vehicle for any damaged or loose nuts/
bolts or fasteners
11. Operator and passenger should be properly dressed.
12. Engine coolant - check for proper level at the recovery bottle.
13. Check condition and operation of the dump box/bed latch mecha-