Open as PDF
Headlight Beam Adjustment
The headlight beam can be adjusted slightly upward or downward. Use
the following procedure to make the adjustment.
1. Position the vehicle on a level surface with the headlight approxi-
mately 25 ft. (7.6 m) from a wall.
2. Place the transmission in neutral.
3. Lock the parking brake.
4. Measure the distance from the floor to the center of the headlight
and make a mark on the wall at the same height.
NOTE: Include rider weight on the seat when measuring.
5. Start the engine.Turn the headlight switch to high beam.
6. Observe the headlight aim on the wall. The most intense part of the
headlight beam should be two inches (5 cm) below the mark on the
7. Loosen the phillips screw at the rear of the headlamp.
8. Adjust the beam.
9. Tighten the screw.
2" (5 cm)