Open as PDF
The front and rear brakes are hydraulic disc brakes, activated by moving
the single brake lever toward the handlebar. The auxiliary foot brake is
also hydraulic. Both brake systems are self-adjusting.
The following checks are recommended to keep the brake system in
good operating condition. Check more often if brakes are used heavily
under normal operation.
1. Always keep brake fluid at an
adequate level. See page 84.
2. Check the brake system for
3. Check the brakes for excessive
travel or spongy feel.
4. Check the friction pads for
wear, damage and looseness.
Replace the pads when the fric-
tion material is worn to .03" (.8
5. Check the security and surface
condition of the disc.
.03" (.8 mm)