Open as PDF
If it's impossible to take your
ATV to a dealer before starting
it, follow the steps outlined
1. Move the vehicle out of the
2. Turn the fuel valve off.
3. Check the air box. If water is
present, dry the air box and replace
the filter with a new filter.
4. Remove the spark plug.
5. Loosen the carburetor drain screw
and drain the carburetor.
6. Turn the engine over several times
using the electric start.
7. Dry the spark plug. Reinstall the
plug or install a new plug.
8. Tighten the carburetor drain screw.
9. Turn the fuel valve on.
10. Attempt to start the engine. If necessary, repeat the drying proce-
11. Take the ATV to your dealer for service as soon as possible, whether
you succeed in starting it or not.
12. If water has been ingested into the PVT, follow the procedure on
page 101 for drying out the PVT.
If your vehicle becomes immersed, major engine damage can result if the
machine is not thoroughly inspected. Take the vehicle to your dealer before
starting the engine.