Open as PDF
Oil and Filter Change
11. Place towels under the oil filter.
Using an oil filter wrench, turn the
filter counterclockwise to remove
12. Clean the filter sealing area on the
13. Lubricate the filter o-ring. Check
to make sure the o-ring is in good
14. Install the new oil filter. After the filter contacts the engine surface,
turn it 1/2 turn by hand.
15. Remove the dipstick.
16. Add the recommended oil. See page 74.
17. Reinstall the dipstick.
18. Start the engine. Allow it to idle for two minutes.
19. Stop the engine.
20. Check for oil leaks.
21. Remove the dipstick and check the oil level. Add oil as needed.
Maintain the oil level in the safe range. Do not overfill.
22. Reinstall the dipstick.
23. Discard used oil and filter properly.