Open as PDF
Cleaning and Storage
Clean the Exterior
Make any necessary repairs and clean the vehicle as recommended. See
Stabilize the Fuel
1. Fill the fuel tank.
2. Add Polaris Carbon Clean Fuel Treatment or Polaris Fuel Stabilizer.
Follow the instructions on the container for the recommended
NOTE: Carbon Clean removes water from fuel systems, stabilizes fuel and
removes carbon deposits from pistons, rings, valves and exhaust sys-
3. Allow the engine to run for 15-20 minutes to allow the stabilizer to
disperse through the fuel in the tank and carburetor.
4. Turn the fuel valve off.
5. Drain the carburetor bowl.
Oil and Filter
Change the oil and filter. See page 76.
Air Filter / Air Box
1. Inspect and clean (or replace) the pre-cleaner and air filter.
2. Clean the air box.
3. Clean or replace the breather filter.
4. Drain the sediment tube.
1. Drain the recoil housing. See page 95.
Starting the engine during the storage period will disturb the protective film
created by fogging and damage could occur. Never start the engine during
the storage period.