Open as PDF
There may be some instances
when water is accidently
ingested into the PVT system.
Use the following instructions to
dry it out before operating.
1. Move the vehicle out of the
2. Remove the PVT drain plug. Use
a 17 mm wrench, a flat screw-
driver, or the spark plug wrench.
3. Allow the water to drain com-
pletely. Reinstall the drain plug.
4. Start the engine. Place the trans-
mission in neutral.
5. Apply varying throttle for 10-15
seconds to expel the moisture
and air-dry the belt and clutches.
NOTE: Do not hold the throttle wide
open for more than 10 seconds.
6. Allow the engine RPM to settle
to idle speed, then shift the trans-
mission into forward gear.
7. Test for belt slippage. If the belt
slips, repeat the process.
8. Take the vehicle to your dealer
for service as soon as possible.