Open as PDF
Engine and Drivetrain Break-in
1. Fill the fuel tank with gasoline. See page 40.
2. Check the oil level on the dipstick. See page 75. Add oil if neces-
sary to maintain the level between the safe and add marks.
3. Drive slowly at first. Select an open area that allows room to famil-
iarize yourself with vehicle operation and handling.
4. Vary the throttle positions. Do not operate at sustained idle.
5. Perform regular checks on fluid levels, controls and areas outlined
on the daily pre-ride inspection checklist. See page 49.
6. Pull only light loads.
7. During the break-in period, change both the oil and the filter at 20
PVT Break-in (Clutches/Belt)
A proper break-in of the clutches and drive belt will ensure a longer life
and better performance. Break in the clutches and belt by operating at
slower speeds during the break-in period as recommended. Pull only
light loads. Avoid aggressive acceleration and high speed operation dur-
ing the break-in period.