Open as PDF
• Always travel slowly and use extra caution when operating on unfa-
miliar terrain. Be alert to changing terrain conditions.
• Never operate on excessively rough, slippery, or loose terrain.
• Always follow proper turning procedures as described in this manual.
Practice turning at low speeds before attempting to turn at faster
speeds. Do not turn at excessive speeds.
• Always have the ATV inspected by an authorized Polaris dealer if it's
been involved in an accident.
• Never operate on hills too steep for the ATV or for your abilities.
Practice on smaller hills before attempting larger hills.
• Always follow proper procedures for climbing hills. Check the terrain
carefully before ascending a hill. Never climb hills with excessively
slippery or loose surfaces. Shift your weight uphill. Never open the
throttle suddenly or make sudden gear changes. Never go over the top
of a hill at high speed.
• Always follow proper procedures for going downhill and for braking
on hills. Check the terrain carefully before you start down a hill. Shift
your weight uphill. Never go down a hill at high speed. Avoid going
down a hill at an angle, which would cause the vehicle to lean sharply
to one side. Drive straight downhill.
• Always follow proper procedures for crossing the side of a hill. Avoid
hills with excessively slippery or loose surfaces. Shift your weight
uphill. Never attempt to turn the ATV around on any hill until you've
mastered (on level ground) the turning technique outlined in this
manual. Avoid crossing the side of a steep hill when possible.
• Always use proper procedures if you stall or roll backwards while
climbing a hill. To avoid stalling, maintain a steady speed when
climbing a hill. If you stall or roll backwards, follow the special pro-
cedure for braking described in this manual. Always dismount on the
uphill side, or to either side if the ATV is pointed straight uphill. Turn
the ATV around and remount following the procedure described in