Open as PDF
1. Place the transmission in
2. Lock the parking brake.
3. Open the front cover.
4. Disconnect the battery hold-
5. On conventional batteries,
remove the battery vent
6. Disconnect the black (nega-
tive) battery cable first.
7. Disconnect the red (posi-
tive) battery cable last.
8. Lift the battery out of the
ATV. Be careful not to tip a
conventional battery sideways, which could spill electrolyte.
Improperly connecting or disconnecting battery cables can result in an explo-
sion and cause serious injury or death. When removing the battery, always
disconnect the negative (black) cable first. When reinstalling the battery,
always connect the negative (black) cable last.
If electrolyte spills, immediately wash it off with a solution of one tablespoon
baking soda and one cup water to prevent damage to the vehicle.