Open as PDF
Cleaning and Storage
Inspect the fluid levels. Change fluids as recommended in the Periodic
Maintenance Chart beginning on page 68.
• Demand drive unit (front gearcase)
• Brake fluid (change every two years and any time the fluid looks dark
Fog the Engine
1. Treat the fuel system with Polaris Carbon Clean. See page 111.
2. Support the front end of the machine so the engine is level or tilted
3. Remove the spark plug. Rotate the piston to BDC and pour two
ounces (59 ml) of engine oil into the cylinder.
4. Reinstall the spark plug. Torque to specification.
5. Apply dielectric grease to the inside of the spark plug cap. Reinstall
6. Turn the engine over several times using the recoil starter. Oil will
be forced in and around the piston rings and ring lands, coating the
cylinder with a protective film of fresh oil.
7. If Polaris fuel system additive is not used, the fuel tank, fuel lines,
and carburetor should be completely drained of gasoline.