Open as PDF
The breather filter is on the hose that runs between the engine and air
box. See illustration above.
1. Remove the left side panel. See page 80.
2. Remove the hose clamps from the filter and pull the filter out of the
3. Inspect the filter for debris. Blow gently through the filter in the
direction of the arrow to check for clogging. Replace a damaged or
4. Check the hoses for cracks, deterioration, abrasion, or leaks.
Replace as needed.
5. Reinstall the filter and hose clamps. The filter is effective with the
arrow pointing in either direction.
NOTICE: Operation of your vehicle without a breather filter can cause engine
damage. Always reinstall the breather filter after removing it for