Open as PDF
Braking and handling are greatly affected when operating in hilly ter-
rain. Improper procedure could cause loss of control or overturn. When-
ever traveling uphill, follow these precautions:
1. Drive straight uphill.
2. Avoid steep hills (25° maximum).
3. Always check the terrain carefully before ascending any hill.
4. Never climb hills with excessively slippery or loose surfaces.
5. Keep both feet on the footrests.
6. Shift your weight uphill.
7. Proceed at a steady rate of speed and throttle opening. Opening the
throttle suddenly could cause the ATV to flip over backwards.
8. Remain alert and be prepared to take emergency action. This may
include quick dismounting of the vehicle.