Open as PDF
NOTE: When entering program mode using that fob, all
other programmed fobs will be erased and you will have
to reprogram them for your vehicle.
Use the Following procedure to program additional key
fobs if the vehicle is not equipped with Sentry Key:
1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.
2. Fasten your seat belt (Fastening the seatbelt will cancel
any chiming that may confuse you during this program-
3. Place the key into the ignition.
4. Turn the ignition to the ON position ( Do not start the
5. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on the key fob.
6. After holding the UNLOCK button for four seconds,
also press the PANIC button within 6 seconds.
7. When a single chime is heard release both buttons. The
chime is an indication that you have successfully entered
program mode. All fobs that are to be programmed must
be done so within 60 seconds of when the chime was
8. Using the fob to be programmed, press and release
both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons, simultaneously.
9. A single chime will be heard.
10. Within four seconds of hearing the chime, press and
release the UNLOCK button on the fob.
11. A single chime will be heard.
12. Repeat steps 8 through 10 to program up to six
13. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE 27