Open as PDF
Always check and change the transmission oil at the intervals outlined
in the Periodic Maintenance Chart beginning on page 85. See the table
on page 88 for fluid recommendations, capacities and plug torques. See
page 133 for the part numbers of POLARIS products.
Maintain the oil level at the bottom of the fill plug hole. The fill plug is
located on the right side of the ATV behind the footwell. The drain plug
is located on the bottom rear of the gearcase.
1. Remove the footwell (see page
2. Remove the fill plug. Check
the oil level.
3. Add the recommended fluid as
needed to bring the level to the
bottom of the fill hole threads.
4. Reinstall the fill plug. Torque
5. Reinstall the footwell.
1. Remove the footwell.
2. Place a drain pan under the gearcase. Remove the drain plug. Allow
the oil to drain completely.
3. Clean and reinstall the drain plug. Torque to specification.
4. Remove the fill plug. Add the proper amount of the recommended
5. Reinstall the fill plug. Torque to specification.
6. Check for leaks.
7. Reinstall the footwell.
8. Dispose of used oil properly.