Open as PDF
If your vehicle becomes immersed, major engine damage can result if
the machine is not thoroughly inspected. Take the vehicle to your dealer
before starting the engine. If it's impossible to take your ATV to a dealer
before starting it, follow the steps outlined below.
1. Move the ATV to dry land or at the very least, to water below the
2. Check the air box. If water is present, dry the air box and replace the
filter with a new filter. If equipped, remove the air box drain plug to
drain water. Reinstall the drain plug.
3. Remove the spark plugs.
4. Turn the engine over several times using the electric start.
5. Dry the spark plugs. Reinstall the plugs or install new plugs.
6. Attempt to start the engine. If necessary, repeat the drying proce-
NOTICE: Serious damage can occur after immersion if fluids are not changed
promptly. See your dealer as recommended
7. Take the ATV to your dealer for service as soon as possible, whether
you succeed in starting it or not.
8. If water has been ingested into the PVT, follow the procedure on
page 114 for drying out the PVT.