Open as PDF
Turning Around on a Hill (K-Turn)
If the vehicle stalls while climbing a hill, never back it down the hill!
Use the K-turn to turn around.
1. Stop and lock the parking brake while keeping body weight uphill.
2. Leave the transmission in forward and shut off the engine.
3. Dismount on the uphill side of the vehicle, or on the left if the vehi-
cle is pointing straight uphill.
4. Staying uphill of the vehicle, turn the handlebars full left.
5. While holding the service brake, release the parking brake lock and
slowly allow the vehicle to roll around to your right until it's point-
ing across the hill or slightly downward.
6. Lock the parking brake and remount the vehicle from the uphill
side, keeping body weight uphill.
7. Restart the engine with the transmission still in forward.
8. Release the parking brake and proceed slowly, controlling speed
with the service brake, until the vehicle is on more level ground.
8 ft. (2.4 m)