Open as PDF
Oil and Filter Change
10. Place shop towels beneath the oil fil-
ter. Using an oil filter wrench (avail-
able from your POLARIS dealer),
turn the filter counter-clockwise to
11. Using a clean dry cloth, clean the fil-
ter sealing surface on the crankcase.
12. Lubricate the o-ring on the new filter
with a film of fresh engine oil. Check
to make sure the o-ring is in good
13. Install the new filter and rotate it
clockwise by hand until the filter gas-
ket contacts the sealing surface, then
turn it an additional 1/2 turn.
14. Remove the dipstick. Add the proper amount of the recommended
oil. Do not overfill.
15. Reinstall the dipstick.
16. Reinstall the guard plate over the filter access hole.
17. Place the transmission in PARK.
18. Lock the parking brake.
19. Start the engine. Allow it to idle for one to two minutes.
20. Stop the engine.
21. Check for leaks.
22. Check the oil level. Add oil as needed to bring the level to the upper
mark on the dipstick.
23. Dispose of used filter and oil properly.