Open as PDF
Cleaning and Storage
Fog the Engine
1. After stabilizing the fuel, remove the spark plugs and add 2-3 table-
spoons of engine oil. To access the plug holes, use a section of clear
1/4" hose and a small plastic squeeze bottle filled with the pre-mea-
sured amount of oil.
2. Reinstall the spark plugs. Torque to specification.
3. Apply dielectric grease to the inside of each spark plug cap and rein-
stall the caps onto the plugs.
4. Turn the engine over several times using electric start. Oil will be
forced in and around the piston rings and ring lands, coating the cyl-
inder with a protective film of fresh oil.
5. If POLARIS fuel system additive is not used, the fuel tank, fuel
lines, and injectors should be completely drained of gasoline.
Air Filter / Air Box
1. Inspect and clean (or replace) the pre-cleaner and air filter. See page
2. Clean the air box.
Inspect and Lubricate
Inspect all cables and lubricate all areas of the vehicle as recommended
in the Periodic Maintenance Chart beginning on page 85.
Remove the battery and recharge it as outlined on page 122. Store the
battery in a cool, dry place.
Set the tire pressure and safely support the ATV with the tires slightly
off the ground. Be sure the storage area is well ventilated. Cover the
vehicle with a genuine POLARIS cover. Do not use plastic or coated
materials. They do not allow enough ventilation to prevent condensa-
tion, and may promote corrosion and oxidation.