Open as PDF
Oil and Filter Change
See the table on page 88 for fluid recommendations, capacities and plug
torques. Always change the oil and filter at the intervals outlined in the
Periodic Maintenance Chart beginning on page 85. Always change the
oil filter whenever changing oil.
1. Position the vehicle on a level surface.
2. Start the engine. Allow it to warm up at idle for two to three min-
3. Stop the engine.
4. On the bottom of the vehicle, a guard plate covers the oil filter
access hole. Remove the three bolts securing the guard plate and
remove the guard plate.
5. Clean the area around the drain plug.
6. Place a drain pan under the crankcase.
7. Remove the drain plug. Allow the oil to drain completely.
CAUTION! Hot oil can cause burns to skin. Do not allow hot oil to contact skin.
8. Install a new sealing washer on the drain plug. The sealing surfaces
on drain plug and crankcase should be clean and free of burrs, nicks
9. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to specification.