Open as PDF
Winch Safety Precautions
20. Never use the winch to hoist or suspend a vertical load.
21. Never immerse or submerse your winch in water. Take your winch
to your dealer for service if this occurs.
22. Always inspect your winch and winch cable before each use.
23. Never winch the hook fully into the winch. This can cause damage
to winch components.
24. Unplug the remote control from the vehicle when the winch is not in
use to prevent inadvertent activation and use by unauthorized
25. Never grease or oil the winch cable. This will cause the winch cable
to collect debris that will shorten the life of the cable.