Open as PDF
Procedure For Checking Fluid Level
To properly check the automatic transaxle fluid level, the
following procedure must be used:
1. The vehicle must be on level ground.
2. The engine should be running at curb idle speed for a
minimum of 60 seconds.
3. Fully apply parking brake.
4. Place the gear selector momentarily in each gear
position ending with the lever in P (PARK).
5. Remove the dipstick and determine if the fluid is hot
or warm. Hot fluid is approximately 180°F (82°C) which
is the normal operating temperature after the vehicle has
been driven at least 24 km (15 miles). The fluid cannot be
comfortable held between the finger tips. Warm is when
the fluid is between 85° to 125°F (29° to 52°C).
6. Wipe the dipstick clean and reinsert until seated.
Remove dipstick and note reading.
If the fluid is hot, reading should be in the cross hatched
area marked “HOT” between the upper two holes in the
274 MAINTAINING YOUR VEHICLE