Open as PDF
To Program Transmitters
Up to four transmitters can be programmed to your
vehicle. Your new vehicle was shipped with two trans-
mitters. See your dealer for additional transmitters.
Additional transmitters can be programmed to the sys-
tem by using the following procedure:
1. Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn the
switch to the ON position.
2. Press and hold the Unlock button on the transmitter
between four and ten seconds.
3. Continue to hold the Unlock button and press the
Panic button. A chime will sound to indicate that the
transmitter programming mode has been entered.
4. Press a button on all transmitters to be programmed to
the system, including any previously programmed trans-
mitters. A chime will sound when each transmitter has
5. Turn the ignition switch off to exit the transmitter
This device complies with FCC rules part 15 and with
RSS-210 of Industry Canada. Operation is subject to the
This device may not cause harmful interference.
This device must accept any interference that may be
received, including interference that may cause undes-
If your transmitter fails to operate from a normal dis-
tance, check for these two conditions.
1. Weak batteries in transmitter. The expected life of
batteries is from one to two years.
2. Closeness to a radio transmitter such as a radio station
tower, airport transmitter, and some mobile or CB radios.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE 23