Open as PDF
1. The Auto Unlock feature is enabled.
2. The transmission was in gear and the vehicle speed
returned to 0 mph (0 km/h).
3. The transmission is in NEUTRAL or PARK.
4. The driver door is opened.
5. The doors were not previously unlocked.
6. The vehicle speed is 0 mph (0 km/h).
The Auto Unlock feature can be enabled or disabled.
Refer to “Personal Settings” (Customer Programmable
Features) in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center
(EVIC) — if equipped section of this manual.
For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC the Auto
Unlock Feature can be enabled or disabled by performing
the following procedure:
1. Close all doors and place the key in the ignition.
2. Cycle the ignition switch between LOCK and ON and
back to LOCK 4 times ending up in the LOCK position.
3. Depress the power door unlock switch to unlock the
4. A single chime will indicate the completion of the
Ignition Key Position
22 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE