Open as PDF
CONVERTIBLE TOP MANUAL OVERRIDE
If your vehicle is experiencing electrical failure (low
battery, etc.) and it is necessary to raise the convertible
top, perform the following steps:
1. Locate the convertible top motor bypass screw, which
is found in the trunk under the convertible top storage
2. Turn the screw counterclockwise until the screw stops.
This will relieve the hydraulic pressure and allow the
convertible top to be raised manually.
3. Using the latch handle raise the top until the two pins
seat themselves in the windshield header.
4. Rotate the latch handle clockwise to open the latches.
5. Pull down and rotate the handle counterclockwise to
engage the latches.
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES 357