Open as PDF
Cleaning the Vehicle
2007 HUV 4421 Gasoline and Diesel Vehicle Owner’s Manual Page 47
5. Connect the end of the first cable (1) to the positive (+) terminal of the booster battery. Connect the other
end of the same cable (2) to the positive terminal of the vehicle battery. See DANGER “Battery – Explo-
sive gases!...” on page 8.
6. Connect the end of the second cable (3) to the negative (–) terminal of the booster battery. Connect the
other end of the same cable (4) to the battery frame ground.
7. Sit in the driver’s seat and start the engine.
8. After the engine has started, remove the frame ground (–) cable (4) first. Remove the cable from the pos-
itive terminal (2). Then remove the cables from the booster battery. See following CAUTION.
• Damage to the alternator can occur if:
- Engine is operated with battery cables disconnected.
- Booster cables are connected wrong.
CLEANING THE VEHICLE
Each vehicle is equipped with hand wash-washable front and rear bodies. The vehicle has a powder-coated
steel cargo bed (or optional aluminum flat bed). Use commercial automotive cleaning solutions with a sponge
or soft cloth for normal cleaning. A garden hose at normal residential water pressure is adequate. To remove
oxidation or discoloration from aluminum, use a commercially available aluminum cleaner paste and fine
grade (No. 00) steel wool.
Husqvarna does not recommend any type of pressure washing or steam cleaning. Such a process will expose
electrical components to moisture. Moisture entering electrical components can result in water damage and
subsequent component failure.
Use non-abrasive wax products. Battery acid, fertilizers, tars, asphalt, creosote, paint, or chewing gum should
be removed immediately to prevent possible stains.
The seats of the vehicle will last longer with proper cleaning. Use a solution of 10% liquid soap and warm
water applied with a soft cloth. For imbedded dirt, a soft bristle brush may be used. For heavy soiling, difficult
stains, or scratches, blemishes, or other body damage, see the appropriate maintenance and service manual.
See following NOTE.
NOTE: Dispose of waste water properly.
Figure 40 Jump Starting