Open as PDF
Page 18 2007 HUV 4421 Gasoline and Diesel Vehicle Owner’s Manual
Use the following list as a guide to inspect the vehicle. This list should be used daily and in conjunction with
the Performance Inspection and the Periodic Service Schedule on page 29 to ensure that the vehicle is in
proper working condition. Any problems should be corrected by a Husqvarna dealer/distributor or a trained
• General: All the parts should be in place and properly installed. Be sure that all nuts, bolts, and screws
are tight. Check hose clamps for tight fit.
• Safety and information decals: Check to ensure that all safety and information decals are in place
and can be read easily. See pages 4 and 5.
•ROPS: Check to ensure the ROPS is not damaged and all hardware is secure. See Roll-Over Protec-
tive Structure and Safety Belts on page 15.
• Safety belts: Visually inspect for cuts, fraying, and loose parts. See Roll-Over Protective Structure
and Safety Belts on page 15.
• Tires: Check for proper tire pressure. Visually inspect tires for wear, damage, and proper inflation on a
daily basis. See Vehicle Specifications on page 50.
• Battery: Check electrolyte to ensure it is at the proper level (Figure 39, Page 45). Check battery posts.
Wires should be tight and free of corrosion, and battery should be fully charged.
• Engine: Check for proper engine oil and coolant levels and leaks. See Engine Oil on page 34. Check
air filter and replace if necessary.
• Fuel: Check fuel level. See Fueling Instructions on page 42. Check fuel tank, lines, fuel cap, pump,
and fuel filters for fuel leakage. Drain water from the fuel filter (diesel vehicle). See Draining Water
from Fuel Filter on page 44.
• Exhaust system: Check for leaks.
• Hydraulic brakes: Check fluid level. Wear in the brakes before initial vehicle operation. On a flat, open
surface, accelerate the vehicle to moderate speed, then apply the brakes under modest, steady pres-
sure. Repeat this procedure five times. See following NOTE.
NOTE: Perform the wear-in procedure when the vehicle has been in operation for less than a week, or
when the brake pads or rotor have been replaced.
After you have familiarized yourself with the vehicle controls and have read and understood the driving
instructions, take the vehicle for a test drive.
Use the following list, in addition to the Pre-Operation and Daily Safety Checklist, as a guide to inspect the
vehicle daily for proper operation. Any problems should be corrected by a Husqvarna dealer/distributor or a
• Forward/Reverse shifter: Check for proper operation. See Controls and Indicators on page 10.
• Brakes: Be sure the brakes function properly. When brake pedal is fully pressed under moderate pres-
sure, the vehicle should come to a smooth, straight stop. If the vehicle swerves or fails to stop, have
the brake system checked and adjusted as required. When the brake pedal is fully pressed under
heavy pressure, the pedal should feel firm and the distance between the back of the pedal and the
floorboard should be a minimum of 1.25 inches (3.2 cm). Brake adjustment must be maintained so the
brake pedal cannot be pressed to the floorboard under any circumstance.
• Park brake: When latched, the park brake should lock the wheels and hold the vehicle stationary on an
incline of 20% or less.