Open as PDF
Engine Coolant – Diesel Vehicles
2007 HUV 4421 Gasoline and Diesel Vehicle Owner’s Manual Page 41
ENGINE COOLANT – DIESEL VEHICLES
ENGINE COOLANT LEVEL CHECK
The coolant reserve tank (2) is located under the hood on the passenger side (Figure 17). Raise the hood to
check the coolant level before every operation.
1. Check the coolant level of the reserve tank (2). If the coolant is at or below the LOW mark, add pre-mixed
coolant until the level reaches the FULL mark. If a leak is detected, have it checked by a trained techni-
cian. See following WARNING.
• Hot! Coolant reserve tank is pressurized. Do not remove cap when engine is hot.
AIR INTAKE SYSTEM
• Do not drill into the driver-side frame. Failure to heed this caution could damage the engine by
allowing excessive contamination to enter the air intake system.
AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT
The air filter should be inspected periodically and replaced when necessary. Filter changes should not exceed
the recommended interval. See Periodic Service Schedule on page 29. More frequent service may be
required in extremely dirty operating environments. In the event of a loss of power, sluggish acceleration, or
a roughly running engine, service the air filter immediately.
Air Filter Removal
1. Raise the cargo bed, and locate the air filter canister.
2. Release both canister tab locks (Figure 34).
3. Pull the canister cap away from the canister.
4. Remove the air filter cartridge (1). See following NOTE.
NOTE: The air filter cartridge is specifically designed for this engine. It only fits into the canister one way.
Use only the Husqvarna part (P/N 603 00 00-10) designed for this engine.