Open as PDF
Page 26 2007 HUV 4421 Gasoline and Diesel Vehicle Owner’s Manual
See General Warnings on page 8.
• Do not attempt to drain fuel when the engine is hot or while it is running.
• Clean up any spilled fuel before operating the vehicle.
• Store fuel in an approved fuel container only. Store in a well-ventilated area away from sparks,
open flames, heaters, or heat sources.
• Keep fuel out of the reach of children.
• Do not siphon fuel from the vehicle.
• Turn the key switch to the OFF position, remove the key, and leave the Forward/Reverse
handle in the NEUTRAL position during storage. This is to prevent unintentionally starting the
vehicle or a fire hazard.
• Gasoline vehicles only: Turn fuel shut-off valve to the closed (OFF) position (Figure 12).
• Do not attempt to charge frozen batteries or batteries with bulged cases. Discard the battery.
Frozen batteries can explode.
• Batteries in a low state of charge will freeze at low temperatures.
Figure 12 Fuel Shut-off Valve – Closed Position
CLOSED (OFF) POSITION
(SELECTOR IS ALIGNED
WITH OFF MARKINGS ON THE SIDES OF VALVE)
VIEWED FROM SELECTOR
SIDE OF VALVE