Open as PDF
ADVANCED REMOTE CONTROL ALARM SYSTEM
INSTALLATION & OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
*NOTE: There are several features of the CS-2008PC system that can only be accessed and/or programmed
by using optional SecurLinc™ PC software and data cable via the system’s expansion port via a Personal
Computer: An expansion kit is available which includes Software, PC linc cable and a power supply (SLA-50)
• Assigning the amount of time for a “Timed” Auxiliary output channel.
• Assigning Self-start temperature and voltage-drop thresholds (when using the remote start expansion
• “Secure Disarm” using a 4-press transmitter button sequence.
• Inputs & Outputs testing and diagnostics of main system
• Inputs & Outputs testing of Data Linc expansion modules i.e. Remote Start, 2-Way pager, & Aux. channel
• Quick & Easy option programming
• Erasing transmitter codes
• Adjusting Glow plug delay time, Voltage Drop Threshold
PRE-INSTALLATION CAUTIONS & WARNINGS
BEFORE BEGINNING, check all vehicle manufacturer cautions and warnings regarding electrical service (AIR
BAGS, ABS BRAKES, ENGINE COMPUTERS, BATTERY etc.).
WE RECOMMEND the use of a VOLT/OHM METER to test and verify wiring circuits. Test lights or illuminated
probes can cause damage to on-board computer or engine management systems.
DO NOT exceed maximum output ratings or damage may occur. Electrical current limits for this alarm are
listed where applicable on the system diagram (Pg. 16). If you are unsure about the current load, of a specific
circuit on your vehicle, measure the load first with an amp-meter before connecting.
WE RECOMMEND that the MAIN SYSTEM FUSE be REMOVED before jump starting, using a battery
charger, or changing the battery. A voltage surge or high boost condition could damage alarm circuits.
DO NOT ROUTE ANY WIRING THAT MAY BECOME ENTANGLED with brake, and gas pedals, steering
column, or any other moving parts in the vehicle.
This device complies with FCC Rules part 15.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions: 1)
This device may not cause interference, and (2) this
device must accept any interference that may be
received, including interference that may cause
undesired operation. The manufacturer is not
responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM-4:30 PM Pacific Time
REV. A 02/2003 SW: