Open as PDF
Storage – Electric Vehicles
2005 Husqvarna 4210-G, 4210-E, 4210-GXP, and 4210-EXP Owner’s Manual Page 25
If the vehicle must be transported over long distances or on public highways, it should be transported on an
approved trailer that has the approved load rating of 1200 lb. (544 kg) per vehicle being transported. See fol-
NOTE: A two-car trailer should be rated at 2 x 1200 = 2400 lb. (2 x 544 = 1088 kg).
STORAGE – ELECTRIC VEHICLES
See General Warnings on page 9.
• Turn the key switch to the OFF position, remove the key, and leave the Forward/Reverse
handle or switch in the NEUTRAL position during storage. This is to prevent unintentionally
starting the vehicle or a fire hazard. Place the Tow/Run switch in the TOW position.
• Do not attempt to charge frozen batteries or batteries with bulged cases. Discard the battery.
Frozen batteries can explode.
• Batteries in a low state of charge will freeze at low temperatures.
• To avoid exposing electrical components to moisture and subsequent damage, do not use
any type of pressure washing or steam cleaning equipment to wash the vehicle.
PREPARING THE ELECTRIC VEHICLE FOR EXTENDED STORAGE
1. Fully charge batteries. See Charging Batteries on page 37.
2. Batteries should be clean and free of corrosion. Wash tops and terminals of batteries with a solution of
baking soda and water (1 cup (237 mL) baking soda per 1 gallon (3.8 L) of water). Rinse solution off bat-
teries. Do not allow this solution to enter the batteries. Be sure terminals are tight. Let the terminals dry
and then coat them with Battery Terminal Protector Spray (Husqvarna 603 00 00-03).
3. Store vehicle in a cool, dry place. This will minimize battery self-discharge.
4. Adjust tires to recommended tire pressure. See Vehicle Specifications on page 46.
5. Perform semiannual periodic lubrication. See Periodic Lubrication Schedules on page 32.
6. Thoroughly clean front body, rear body, seats, battery compartment, and underside of vehicle.
7. Do not engage the park brake. Chock the wheels to prevent the vehicle from rolling.
8. Keep batteries fully charged during storage.
• Leave PowerDrive2 Chargers plugged in during storage. The onboard computer will automatically acti-
vate the charger when necessary. If charger cannot remain plugged in, or AC power will not be avail-
able during extended storage, disconnect the batteries for storage (Figure 2, Page 11). See following
• Be sure to check the vehicle and charger monthly to ensure the charger is operating correctly