Open as PDF
2005 Husqvarna 4210-G, 4210-E, 4210-GXP, and 4210-EXP Owner’s Manual Page 23
5. Turn the key all the way to the START position and hold, activating the choke as necessary, until the
engine is running smoothly. The engine will idle in neutral.
6. Select direction by placing the Forward/Reverse handle in desired position (F = forward or R = reverse).
A buzzer will sound as a warning when the Forward/Reverse handle is in the REVERSE position.
7. Slowly press accelerator pedal. The park brake will release automatically and the vehicle will start to
move. As the accelerator pedal is pressed, speed will increase until full speed is reached. See following
WARNING and CAUTION.
• Operator must control speed when going downhill.
• Do not shift the vehicle out of forward while going downhill. If you do, you will not be able to
shift into reverse or back into forward until stopped.
• Press the brake pedal as necessary and partially press the accelerator when descending a
hill. With the accelerator pedal partially pressed, the governor will cause the engine to assist
the brakes in controlling downhill speed.
STOPPING THE VEHICLE
• Driving through water may affect the brakes. After driving through water, check effectiveness
of the brakes by gently pressing the brake pedal. If the vehicle does not slow down at the
normal rate, continue to press the brake pedal until the brakes dry out and normal
• When stopped on a hill, use the brake pedal to hold your position. Do not use the accelerator
To stop the vehicle, release the accelerator pedal and press the brake pedal with your right foot until the vehi-
cle comes to a complete stop.
PARKING AND LEAVING THE VEHICLE
1. After stopping the vehicle, firmly press the park brake pedal until it locks. This will prevent the vehicle
2. Turn the key switch to the OFF postion and place the Forward/Reverse handle or switch in the NEUTRAL
position. Remove the key when the vehicle is not in use.
• Electric vehicles only: When the Tow/Run switch is in the RUN position (with the Forward/Reverse
switch or key switch in any position), the zero speed detect function will prevent the vehicle from rolling
at more than 1 to 3 mph (1.5 to 4.8 km/h) unless the accelerator is pressed. This prevents the possibil-
ity of a parked vehicle (with the park brake disengaged) rolling away too fast to be overtaken on foot.
• Gasoline vehicles only: Turn the fuel shut-off valve to the closed (OFF) position when the vehicle is
not in use.