Open as PDF
nüvi 2405/2505 Series Owner’s Manual 59
Select Settings > Navigation.
• Calculation Mode—sets route preference.
• Avoidances—sets road features to avoid on
• Custom Avoidances—allows you to avoid
specic roads or areas.
• Advanced Detours—sets the length of a
• Limit Walking—controls the maximum
walking distance included in a pedestrian
• Public Transit—enables or disables transit
• Safe Mode—disables all functions that
require signicant operator attention and
could become a distraction while driving.
• GPS Simulator—stops the device from
receiving a GPS signal, and saves battery
Select Settings > Navigation > Calculation
The route calculation is based on road speeds
and vehicle acceleration data for a given route.
• Faster Time—calculates routes that are
faster to drive but can be longer in distance.
• Shorter Distance—calculates routes that
are shorter in distance but can take more
time to drive.
• Less Fuel—calculates routes that could use
less fuel than other routes.
• Off Road—calculates a direct line from your
location to your destination.