Open as PDF
Before using this product, carefully read the following safety precautions.
• Never perform a remote start
when a person or animal is inside the vehicle.
• Do not allow
any person or animal to remain inside the vehicle when the engine is running under remote starter
control (continuous mode).
• Immediately report any malfunction to the AstroStart dealer that performed the installation.
• Under no circumstance can this product or its use be modified.
• Always turn off the main switch when vehicle is parked in an enclosed, unventilated area or is in for servicing.
• Always turn off the main switch when not using your remote starter for extended periods.
• Keep remote controls away from children
• Have your engine tuned regularly to ensure optimum performance of your remote starter.
• Make sure that the windshield wipers and the headlights are turned off before leaving vehicle.
• Regularly check safety features that stop engine (see "Safety Checks" on page 17.)
• Make sure you comply with all local regulations, which may prohibit leaving your engine running when vehicle is
unattended in a public place.
• To ensure continued safe operation of your remote starter, ask your AstroStart dealer to periodically check
and/or tune the remote starting system.
• Always advise service personnel that your vehicle is equipped with a remote starter.
• We strongly recommend
that you have your remote starter checked annually. Contact a dealer in your area.
• All users of the vehicle should be aware
of the safety precautions and operation procedures.
• Make sure that the warning sticker is present on the driver's window.
SPECIFIC RULES FOR MANUAL TRANSMISSION VEHICLES
• Make sure that the parking brake is operational, i.e. it can prevent the vehicle from moving
• If the shift lever is accessible without having to open a door of the vehicle (for example, by entering via the
liftgate or rear hatch) or in the case of a convertible vehicle, it is strongly recommended to have a motion
detector (microwave) installed with the system. This device prevents the engine from starting should any activity
be detected near the gearshift.