Open as PDF
If your vehicle is to be placed in extended
or off season storage, the following steps
should be taken to preserve its condition.
1. Perform all necessary repairs and thor-
oughly clean the vehicle.
2. Turn the fuel valve to “off” and drain the
3. Remove the spark plug and pour
approximately one ounce of Pre-
mium 4 oil into the cylinder. Oper-
ate the starter for a few seconds
and reinstall the spark plug.
4. Remove the battery. Store it in a cool, dry place out of the sun.
5. Lubricate suspension pivot points, lower steering post and rear axle fittings.
6. Drain the recoil housing.
7. Block the vehicle so all tires are suspended off the ground.
8. Spray oil on all unpainted metal surfaces to prevent rusting. Avoid getting oil
on rubber parts or in the brakes.
9. Lubricate all cables.
10. Tie a plastic bag over the exhaust pipe and air cleaner inlet to prevent moisture
or small animals from entering.
11. Cover the vehicle with a canvas cover. Do not use plastic or coated materials
since they do not allow ventilation of the vehicle.
Removal from Storage:
1. Check the battery electrolyte level, charge the battery if necessary, and install
it in the vehicle. Take care the battery vent hose is not pinched and routed prop-
2. Make sure the spark plug is tight.
3. Fill the fuel tank with fuel.
4. Check all the points listed in the Daily Safety Checks section.
5. Lubricate per periodic maintenance chart.