Open as PDF
NOISE EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM REGULATION
TAMPERING WITH NOISE CONTROL SYSTEM PROHIBITED!
U.S. Federal law prohibits the following acts or the causing thereof:
(1) The removal or rendering inoperative by any person other than for purposes of
maintenance, repair, or replacement of any device or element of design incorpo-
rated into any new vehicle for the purpose of noise control prior to its sale or delivery
to the ultimate purchaser or while it is in use or
(2) the use of the vehicle after such device or element of design has been removed
or rendered inoperative by any person.
“AMONG THOSE ACTS PRESUMED TO CONSTITUTE TAMPERING ARE THE
ACTS LISTED BELOW.”
1. Removal or alteration or the puncturing of the muffler or any engine component
which conducts removal of engine exhaust gases.
2. Removal or alteration or the puncturing of any part of the engine air induction
3. Replacement of any vehicle parts with parts not in compliance with federal reg-
4. Lack of proper maintenance.
CAUTION: Remember, exhaust system components are very hot during and after
use of the vehicle.
D Do not touch hot exhaust system components. Serious burns can result.
D Be especially careful when traveling through tall grass. The potential for fire
USFS Approved Spark Arrestor
The muffler on this vehicle was tested and approved in accordance with the USFS
Forest Service Standard 5100-1A.