Open as PDF
Rear Door Security Locks
Your vehicle has rear door security locks that
prevent passengers from opening the rear doors
on your vehicle from the inside.
The rear door security
locks are located on the
inside edge of each
rear door. You
must open the rear
doors to access them.
To use these locks, do the following:
1. Insert your key into the slot next to the rear
door security lock label and turn it to engage
2. Close the door.
3. Repeat the steps for the other rear door.
The rear doors on your vehicle cannot be opened
from the inside when this feature is in use.
When you want to open a rear door when the
security lock is on, do the following:
1. Unlock the door using the Remote Keyless
Entry (RKE) transmitter, the front door power
lock switch or by lifting the rear door
2. Then open the door from the outside.
To cancel the rear door security lock, do the
1. Unlock the door and open it from the outside.
2. Insert your key into the slot next to the
rear door security lock label and turn it
to disengage the lock.
3. Repeat the steps for the other lock.
The rear door locks will now work normally.