Open as PDF
Removable Valet/Override Switch Operation (Continued)
Override Operation: (Security System is Armed)
1. Enter the vehicle (The security system will begin sounding at this point) and place the override switch
into the switch housing. Make sure that the switch button is in the “off” position
2. Place the ignition key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch to the “on” position.
3. Within 5 seconds of turning the ignition key “on”, place the valet switch to the “on” position.
4. The horn/siren will stop sounding.
5. The LED indicator will be solid red.
The security system is overridden and is now in the valet mode!
Note 1: If the valet switch is already in the “on” position when you turn “on” the ignition key, the override
function will be bypassed. Turn “off” the ignition key, place the valet switch in the “off” position and try again.
Note 2: If you fail to place the valet switch to the “on” position within 5 seconds of turning “on” the
ignition key, the override function will be locked out. Place the valet switch in the “off” position, turn “off”
the ignition key and try again.
Valet Operation: (The security system is already disarmed)
1. Place the valet switch into the switch holder making sure that the switch button is in the “off” position.
2. Turn the ignition key to the “on” position
3. Place the valet switch to the “on” position.
4a. The LED will be on solid indicating that the security system is in the valet mode. (Ignition key on)
4b. The LED will flash once every 5 seconds indicating the security system in in valet mode. (Ignition key
How to Get Back to Security System Activation Mode:
1. Place the ignition key switch to the “on” position.
2. Place the valet switch to the “off” position.
3. Place the ignition key switch back to the “off” position. You will notice that the LED indicator will be
off. This indicates that you have exited the valet mode and your security system will operate normally.
4. Remove the valet switch.
Remote Panic :
Press and hold the LOCK or PANIC button for more than 3 seconds and the security system will respond in
the following manner:
A. The horn/siren will begin sounding.
B. The parking lights will begin flashing.
To turn off the panic alarm, press and release the UNLOCK or PANIC button on the transmitter. The
horn/siren will stop sounding and the parking lights will stop flashing.
Note 1: If you do not turn off the panic feature with the transmitter, the panic alarm will sound for 60
seconds and then turn off by itself.
Note 2: The panic button on the 4-button transmitter can be programmed to operate as the channel 3
button and not as a panic button. If the panic button has been programmed to operate channel 3, by
pressing and holding down the lock button you can activate the panic feature.
PLUS5600UM 2/1/02 11:48 AM Page 4