Open as PDF
• Always use caution when working around ignition coil,
distributor cap, ignition wires, and spark plugs. Components
can produce a High Voltage while engine is running.
• Battery acid is caustic. If contacted, rinse with water or
neutralize with a mild base (i.e. baking soda). If in eyes,
flush with water and call a physician immediately.
• Never smoke or have open flames near vehicle. Vapors
from gasoline and battery during charge are explosive.
• Never use the PocketScan
Code Reader if internal
circuitry has been exposed to moisture. Internal shorts
could cause a fire and damage.
• Always turn ignition key OFF when connecting or
disconnecting electrical components, unless otherwise
• Some vehicles are equipped with safety air bags. Follow
vehicle service manual cautions when working around air
bag components or wiring. Note, air bag can still open
several minutes after ignition key is off.
• Always follow vehicle manufacturer’s warnings, cautions and