Open as PDF
5 of 21
VALET / SYSTEM OVERRIDE SWITCH
The valet switch allows you to temporarily bypass all alarm functions, eliminating the need to
hand your transmitter to parking attendants or garage mechanics. When the system is in valet
mode, all alarm functions are bypassed, however the remote panic feature and remote door
locks will remain operational. To use the valet mode;
1. Enter the vehicle, and turn the ignition key to the on position.
2. Move the valet toggle switch to the on position. The dash mounted L.E.D. will turn
on solid, and remain on as long as the system is in valet mode.
3. To return to normal operation, move the valet switch back to the off position any
time the ignition is on.
In the event that you lose your keychain transmitter, or if the transmitter fails to disarm the
system, the valet switch can be used to disarm the alarm. Open the vehicle’s door ( the alarm will
sound ). Turn the ignition key on, and move the valet switch to the on position. The alarm will
disarm, and the vehicle can now be started.
NOTE : Always remember to move the valet switch back to the off position. This will ensure that
the vehicle remains protected at all times.
ELIMINATING THE NORMAL ARM / DISARM CHIRPS
As explained earlier in the manual, you can eliminate the chirps selectively any time you arm or
disarm the system simply by holding the ARM / DISARM button for two seconds. If you find the
normal arming and disarming chirps annoying, they can be turned off permanently, eliminating
the need to hold the ARM / DISARM button for two seconds. To do this,
1. Start with the valet switch in the off position, then turn the ignition key on then off.
2. Within 10 seconds, move the valet switch to on then off three times.
3. If the chirps were on before you started, then you will hear 2 chirps indicating
they have been turned off.
If the chirps were off before you started, then you will hear one chirp indicating they
have been turned on.
NOTE : Whenever the chirps are by - passed, the 4 chirp intrusion indicator and 3 chirp defec-
tive zone indicator will always operate. Since these are important warnings to you that something
has happened, they cannot be eliminated.