Open as PDF
Chapter 3: Working with Waypoints 47
3.2 Placing a Waypoint
A waypoint can be placed at the cursor position, the boat’s position or at a
position of you choosing (using lat/long coordinates). All waypoints can also be
used in the creation of routes.
When waypoints are placed they are given a default symbol and name. You can
change this default name or the symbol assigned to individual waypoints, if
desired. See “Editing a Waypoint“ on page 53.
... at the cursor
To place a waypoint at the cursor position:
1. Move the cursor to the desired position for the waypoint.
2. Press WPTS/MOB.
3. Press WAYPOINT AT CURSOR:
• A waypoint is placed at the cursor position with a default name and sym-
• The Edit Waypoint box is displayed, enabling you to change waypoint
details. For more information refer to “Editing a Waypoint“ on page 53.
4. To accept the default details press ENTER. The Waypoint List appears, dis-
playing your newly-created waypoint.
5. Press ENTER or CANCEL. The Waypoint List is removed.
... at current position
To place a waypoint at the vessel’s current position:
1. Press WPTS/MOB.
2. Press WAYPOINT AT VESSEL
• A waypoint is placed at your boat’s position.
REVIEW & EDIT